Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a challenge


Mmm...spinach. I love saag.

Have you noticed that I haven't posted to my food blog in, oh...forever?

I have several hundred pictures that I've taken in anticipation of actually posting there again, but somehow I never seem to have time.

Lately I haven't had time to rummage through all my cookbooks (and those of the collective libraries) to find exciting new dishes. Too much grading. And supervising children who--left unsupervised for three minutes when they disappear into another room and you belatedly realize you should leave the stove and follow--will upturn a large plastic tub over their infant sister and sit on it. Yeah. Felt like mother of the year about that one.

So here's the deal. I'm challenging you, my beloved friends and readers, to a week of food posts. The rules are these: you have to post at least five meals--breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever--at some point during the week, complete with recipes. A picture of the finished meal is nice, but not required. Make whatever you'd normally make--i.e. if you throw in the towel after a long day and bring out the frozen pizzas, we expect to hear about it!

We'll start the first week of May--are you with me? Post a comment at the end of this post if you are--think about the hordes of new recipes you'll have from this! Join the fun! Plus, if you don't participate, I'll make my blog private and I won't tell you the password.

Just kidding. But really, I hope you hop on the wagon. I think it will be fun!

11 comments:

Crapos said...

Excellent idea. I'm in.

Meghan said...

Five in one week? Could we have, like, a month?

The Jones Family said...

all in. great thinking!

Katrina said...

can I cheat and show you meals that I didn't actually make that week?

lanada said...

i'm just going to steal things from pioneer woman and pretend i'm as cool as her. does that count?

count me in. and remind us when the time comes.

Rachael said...

I think it's fine to do meals you didn't actually make that week...our goal here is diversity rather than absolute ate-it-that-day truth.

And this will probably make it much easier to do!

Kilerkki said...

I'm totally up for it!

Also, I will make something cool for your food blog soon. Gotta try out the new camera and see how egregious my lack of photography skills really are!

Andrea said...

I think I'll just read about what everyone else made. :)

rachel said...

Oh, dear. I could do that now: grape nuts and grapefruit for breakfast; veggie sandwich, yogurt, and fruit for lunch; then anything lying around the house when I get home. :) I think I'll be a watchful observer on this one.

Mack Hardy said...

I'd say yes, but Mac & Cheese, PB&J, and Cafe Rio probably do not qualify. Do they?

tricki_nicki said...

I'm in - sounds like fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails