Friday, April 25, 2008

conversations with abigail

Me: Oh look, there's a bus!

Abigail: Yeah, to go to school. Are you going to go to school?

Me: No, I'm done with school...for now.

Abigail: But Daddy is still in school. Why are you not in school?

Me: Well, I actually went to school more than Daddy. So I can be done with school for a little bit while Daddy goes to school.

Abigail: Oh. You have more school than Daddy.

Me: That's right.

Abigail: But Daddy is still your boss.

Me: What?

Abigail: Daddy is your boss.

Me: My boss?

Abigail: Yep, Daddy is your boss.

Me: Who told you that?

Abigail: I just know.


and then later today...



Abigail: Mommy, Daddy is the boss, but you are the winner.

Me: The winner? What does that mean?

Abigail: I don't know, you are just the winner and Daddy is the boss.



and on an entirely unrelated note:



Abigail: Where are my barbeques? Oh, here they are.

Me: What? Oh, your dollies? The Barbie dolls?

Abigail: Yep, my barbeque dolls.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Barbeques... classic. What a funny kid. :-)

Kilerkki said...

...I think these conversations clearly show that Abigail is, in fact, the winner.

Can't wait for Juliet to start talking, too. :D

Autumn said...

I LOVE it!! Interesting to hear a child's thoughts!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails