Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day recap

Yesterday I...

...came off second best in a battle with 240 lbs of composted manure



...ran (at full speed) barefoot across (literally) half of campus pushing a stroller (loaded with two kids), while gushing blood from my rapidly swelling foot. it's a looong story.



I also left library books at the doctor's office, didn't have dinner ready when my husband came home (who had to turn around and leave again as soon as he came in), had a major power struggle with Abigail over (the delayed) dinner, and did the year's second round of planting: broccoli, carrots, peas, onions, lettuce, and spinach by the light of halogen worklights until 10 pm.

And then I came inside, looked around at my house, which was nearly obscured with the detritus of the day, and pretended it didn't exist.

Then I stayed up way past my bedtime watching Lost with Neil and ate chocolate ice cream. Ah, self-indulgence.

6 comments:

Nate & Nicole said...

You so deserved that chocolate ice cream! Thanks for saying hi. Your girls are adorable... I remember seeing Abigail as just a little babe in WIM back in the day :). Good times!

tricki_nicki said...

What in the heck happened to your foot??

Ginger said...

I have learned one thing in my life, and that is that Ice Cream solves everything.

Rachael said...

I fell off a curb. It sounds weird and Britney Spears-esque, doesn't it? But I was parked in a teeny spot with my big SUV, and so when I got Juliet out I had to walk on the curb. Of course, since I have a messed up ankle from an accident in high school, it gave out on me (as it does occasionally without notice) and I fell off the curb. But since I was carrying Juliet I did everything I could not to drop her, which meant that I twisted my ankle, exploded two of the straps off my shoe, seperated a toenail from my foot, and broke a toe. Oh, and I smashed my hip into the car too.

But Juliet was fine. :-)

Rachael said...

actually, i just wiggled my toe again, and for veracity's sake, I think it may be sprained, not broken. I can't put weight on it, but I can sort of move it.

tricki_nicki said...

Holy cow. And you didn't blog about i? Are you ok now?

Related Posts with Thumbnails