Wednesday, April 09, 2008

goodbye, to-do list item!

A few weeks ago I was in charge of a "speed-meeting" game for one of our big Enrichment meetings (you know, like speed-dating, except not). It was pretty fun, if I do say so myself. Each woman got the chance to talk with ten other women for a minute and a half each, and they answered questions like "What did you want for Christmas when you were ten?" or "Describe your childhood best friend" or "What was your worst vacation?"

But the one that has really stuck with me over the last few weeks was this: "What one thing would you love to take off your to-do list?"

I thought about a lot of things. I thought about grading and exercising (I love the feeling afterwards, but I hate squeezing out the time to do it). I thought about weeding in the heat of summer. I thought about things like going to the post office or administering vitamins to noncompliant children. Or wiping little backsides. Patting the backs of wide-awake children so they'll sleep.

But the one that won?

Mopping the bathroom floor(s).

What would you like to take off your to-do list?

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Good question. Hmm... going to work? Except that I like and need the paycheck, but I'm looking forward to my stay-at-home mom stage.

The Jones Family said...

You hit it right on the money. Getting down on my hands and knees to wipe every nook and crany of our entire downstairs is always on my to do list probably because I hate doing it and put it off as long as I can. So I feel for ya!

tricki_nicki said...

That's so weird Rachael! I did the same game for our enrichment meeting a few weeks back! Great minds think alike. Well, maybe my feeble mind happened to be on the same track as your great one. Yeah, something like that.

tricki_nicki said...

Oh, and LAUNDRY! Hate, hate, hate, hate hate it.

Crapos said...

I would say scrubbing the kitchen floor, but you already said that. So - cleaning Boo's potty chairs. She likes using them rather than the toilet, and they're just a paing to clean. HATE THEM!

her said...

spending money.

seriously. so sick of it. sick of trying to figure out what bills I have to pay, sick of grocery shopping and having to compare prices, sick of having to pay ATM charges, sick of budgeting down to the last penny.

I'd rather my money just sit there, thank you very much.

Kathryn said...

That sounds like a fun game. I hate the dishes! Even though a dish washer has helped quicken the experience I still hate it. Plus it's never ending!

lanada said...

cleaning the kitchen. dishes, floor, counters...you name it, i'm over it. most of that is because i hate our kitchen, though. no matter how immaculate it is, it still looks old and dingy. i can't stand it.

Meghan said...

Telemarketing. Which is why I'm reading your blog instead of doing follow-up phone calls on the flyers we mailed out. The phone calls may be the final nail in the coffin for this side business.

Rosalind said...

getting my hair cut!!! i just got it cut today and aaa it's so cute!! it barely touches my shoulders!!! goodbye, long hair!!

yayayayya

Related Posts with Thumbnails