Friday, April 18, 2008

I guess I should clarify my last post after all the graduation congratulations--we (Neil) aren't (isn't) graduating. Yet. He's done with all his doctoral coursework, but he still has another 3..or 4...or please no more than that...years of research and dissertation-writing.

But thanks anyway for your congratulations--I'll just pretend to myself that we're graduating, along with half our ward. :-)

In good things news, it's beautiful and 73 degrees today. Perfect weather. My grading stack is nonexistent (hurrah!!) and we had an earthquake today! But I didn't even know about it until I started getting student emails explaining why they missed class. Hmm.

5 comments:

Crapos said...

How on earth did you have an earthquake? Of course I learned in elementary school that IN is on a fault line but I lived there for 18 years without experiencing so much as a tinkling of china. Or a tornado for that matter, but I have seen funnel clouds.

Crapos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan said...

i was lying in my bed thinking about how i should be getting up for seminary, and then i started to feel my bed shake (it was very little, but very fast) and i thought there was someone under my bed, but i was too scared to look!!!! and then i heard on the radio on the way to seminary that it was an earthquake....it was cool! how much of it did you get in Indiana?

elise

Becca Wilkins said...

THanks for the party! I love the things I got. can't wait for the next one.

Joanna said...

That sounds like a great excuse for skipping class...LOL! Except the earthquake only lasted a few seconds. What did they do for the rest of class time? Huddle under the table? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails