Friday, April 11, 2008

Thursdays are the only days that Neil and I "sleep in" all week. Neither of us have to teach that day, and it makes a nice break from getting up at 6. So when Abigail meanders in to our room around 6:30, we just tell her to cuddle up with us and keep quiet.

Yesterday Abigail came in and said, "Mommy, I'm hungry hungry hungry! Can we eat now?" and I mumbled something along the lines of, "uh...not...yet. Just a minute, okay? Let me wake up," and then she disappeared and I immediately fell asleep again.

Then I woke up because I smelled chocolate, and Abigail was sitting there in our bed working her way through a stack of chocolate-chip cookies, baked the night before when she was in bed. Nice, kid.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Wish I had a chocolate chip cookie....

Lindsay said...

At least she can make her own breakfast. That's awesome!

Rosalind said...

lol i wonder where she gets that sneaky cookie-thieving habit from...it must run in the family...on BOTH sides.

Related Posts with Thumbnails