Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Dearest little people,

Thank you for making me a mommy. I love watching you learn and grow so much. My days are often long, but there are shining moments that make them all worthwhile--like today, when I watched all the Primary children go up to sing to their mothers, and thought about how neat it will be next year to watch Abigail go up too...and then they began to sing "Love is Spoken Here," and you turned to me, Abigail, and said excitedly, "Mommy, it's your song!" because every night you ask for a song about Mommy and every night Daddy sings that song to you, and then you sang the whole song sitting on my lap along with the older children. That made me cry into your fluffy little blonde head, and when you sat on my lap for the whole song and didn't wiggle off until you were done singing, that made me cry more.

And then I cried some more when you said the blessing on dinner and specifically said, "thank you for Mommy being a mother and it is Mother's Day" (and by the way, you got really upset every time I cried, because you thought you'd done something to upset me, at which point Daddy explained, "Mommies cry when they are happy. That's the difference between mommies and daddies.") In any case, you've told me "Happy Mother's Day!" about every five minutes today.

I sure love you two and your daddy.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

What a great Mother's Day! And I love the picture of you walking with the girls, with Abigail's strap slipped off her shoulder. A classic photo!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your insights into your day and your love for your little ones and for Neil. It is a delight to experience Abagail's growing awareness through your eyes.

I love you.

Dad

Malinda said...

You are all so cute! I'm so excited to get to see you in July. I can't wait to meet Juliet and see Abigail again.

Autumn said...

Very cute pictures.

Elise Decker said...

really cute pictures...although i think you might need some new pants rachael, cause those look prime for pantsing!!!! :)

Rosalind said...

oh that's so cute!! i cried on mother's day, too--mom was giving a talk and she said that i was her favorite part of the day...or something like that...lol and it made me happy so i cried. lol and i like neil's explanation of the difference between mommies and daddies. lol

the last picture is adorable--i love the little strap falling of abigail's shoulder!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails