Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day pictorial special

Disclaimer: this post may not be of much interest to you unless you're related to me (or you just like pictures).

This Father's Day, I've been reflecting on all the fathers in my life. And how lucky I am to have them, and more especially how lucky my girls are to have all these wonderful men setting an example for them of what "real men" are and what they do.

So here are the images that show some of my favorite father moments.





Dad with Jules


Dad at my wedding


Juliet's blessing: Uncle Dave, Uncle Caleb, (bishopbric member), Neil, and Grandpa Steve (and Mikal!)

Neil holding Jules in the hospital


Dad and Abigail








My Grandpa Ed (Papa), Neil, and Dad, holding Abigail


One of the qualities I really looked for in a husband, thanks to seeing it in my dad, was someone who truly loved to play with children. Neil's got that in spades. And obviously, so does Dad.







Papa and Juliet


Dad with Abigail


Abigail, firmly entrenched on Grandpa Steve's lap


And finally, two of my very favorite pictures (and no, I don't have a scanner, and yes, that is a camera flash because I had to take pictures of the pictures): Dad holding me when I was a baby.



1 comment:

Kilerkki said...

Thank you for posting those.

Related Posts with Thumbnails