Monday, August 18, 2008

what i've been doing...in pictures

In all honesty, even if my internet HAD been working reliably all week, I doubt I would have had much time to blog. It seems like this week the summer caught up with me...in the form of lots and lots and lots of food. So much food-processing, in fact, that I started to dread the idea of even making dinner, which is normally one of my favorite parts of the day. But having spent the vast majority of the day in the kitchen on my feet processing something...it just didn't sound appealing to go in and make another meal.

Anyway. Here's what I canned or froze or whatever...

Several bushels of peaches...



Another couple of bushels of apples (into applesauce, which was probably the kids' favorite, as you can see...)




One of the best things about applesauce is that it doesn't matter how banged up or chewed the apples are.



Emphasis on "chewed."



...they all make lovely applesauce.



I also attacked the garden and started making pesto for the freezer...



...some canned salsa...


...and 19 lbs of green beans (also destined for the freezer). Sad to say, my green beans this year just...did not do what they did last year, so I picked these at a local u-pick place. It seemed very intrinsically wrong to be paying to pick green beans, but oh well.



And in our "free" time this weekend, we stained the swingset.



We went to the farmer's market so often this week that I let Abigail wear her Snow White dress. It felt like home at that point anyway.



And speaking of being exhausted by all the ruckus around here, when I woke up Sat. to go clean nursery toys at the church, I noticed that Neil was sound asleep with one of the stuffed animals the kids had left on our bed. Pretty cute.









3 comments:

Neil said...

In my defence, Curious George is rather cuddly.

joanna said...

I always laugh at the pictures of Juliet. She's so intent on whatever she's doing -- chewing on an apple, for example. Very cute!

Elise said...

the best part is that the elephant's name is "Curious George".

Related Posts with Thumbnails