Sunday, September 28, 2008

growing up



Today I stayed home from church (and slept for the entire three hours, despite having woken up only 3 hours before!), so when Abigail got home she kissed me and said, "Mommy, at church today I was the mommy and helped Daddy with Juliet because you are still feeling sick."

A little emotional, I held her in my arms and said, "Oh honey, you're getting so big so fast. You're not my teeny tiny baby anymore and you're growing up into such a big girl."

She put her arms around me in turn, looked into my eyes, and said, "Mommy, I am growing up and so I can take care of you, but I will always be your baby and love you. I will just always be your baby."

So grateful for that sweet little girl (who two minutes ago told me, "Grandma calls these [fruits] 'clementines,' so I taught her how to say 'oranges.' That was pretty nice"). Some three-year-old days are rough, but some are glorious.

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

She is so wonderful! I hope you are feeling better!

Elise Decker said...

you are so lucky to have such a sweet little girl! how's the recovery going?

lanada said...

that is precious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails