Saturday, September 06, 2008

transcendence

Two moments today that made me deliriously happy (for entirely different reasons):

Neil saying, "Hey honey, the next time you're at the farmers' market, will you pick up some heirloom tomatoes? You know, the really gorgeous striped ones--I'd like to save some seeds for our garden next year."

Telling Abigail as she finished picking up her room that we could have our banana split party now, and hearing her reply, "But Mommy--sometimes I spill," to which I replied, "That's okay. I still love you, honey," and she responded, "Mom, sometimes I do bad things. And you don't love those bad things, but you always love me." I think that was one of the best parenting moments I've ever had--I must be doing something right.

And now, if you'll excuse me, after our busy day of fence-painting and salsa-canning and bike riding, I'm off to enjoy banana splits with my babies while we watch The Little Mermaid. I love family movie nights where I just curl up and snuggle with my sweeties (especially when we're celebrating Abigail's filled-up star chart for good behavior at dinner!)

2 comments:

Elise Decker said...

this is adorable! i love that little girl!

Arnold Family said...

Hey Rachel!
It's Alison Arnold (used to be Jensen) from Michigan. I don't know if you remember me but I got your blog address from Megan Nelsons blog. Your girls are adorable! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails