Sunday, October 19, 2008

family date



Here's what's nice about going to a graduate program ranked in the top ten: they have no problem pouring money into activities. One of our semester family favorites: free bowling, billiards, and dinner (and it always makes me chuckle to see that the only people with kids there are all Mormon).

So on Friday we had some seriously needed family time (seriously needed. Neil was working like crazy all week--he got home at 3:30 am on Thursday, I was gone the only night this week that he was actually home, and everyone but me is sick. Again. I saved the woe-is-me entry about all this for my journal).




Abigail had a BLAST. What kid doesn't love being given a heavy ball and hearing that they're supposed to chuck it as hard as they can to try to knock things down?

Especially when your best friend is standing next to you giggling like crazy?



But as much as Abigail liked the actual bowling part...



...she liked the ball return best. It elicited a shriek of joy from her every time.



Then we went over to teach the girls how to play billiards (no, she didn't sit here the whole time).


Neil demonstrated his flawless technique.



Then I took a turn.



And then Abigail used her cue like a broom across the table to whack all the balls to the sides.


2 comments:

Elise Decker said...

i get so excited when you have pictures up!

Rebecca Jensen said...

Yes, I'm an English major. I'm planning on getting my Master's in Library Science with an emphasis on children's librarianship when I'm done here at the Y... which explains why I've read The Read Aloud Handbook.

Related Posts with Thumbnails