Thursday, October 23, 2008

gal pals



Dear Abigail,

When you're old enough to read, I want you to know that you're one of my very best friends. We hang out together. We read stories. We cook up elaborate messes. You always ask me, very seriously, "How was your day today, Mommy?" and listen with great interest while I recap whatever we've done all day.

Today when I came back from the dentist and smiled a lopsided-mouth-still-numb smile at you, you made me laugh so much when you gently suggested that I try smiling like you, 'cause "look Mommy, I smile with both sides of my mouth." Last night when we ran around shaking boxes of pasta while we waited for the water to boil, you made me laugh even more. And today when we crunched through the leaves, and I called you "Crunchagail" and you retorted, "Okay, 'den you're Crunchamom," honestly, is it any wonder that I just have to squeeze you? And I love it when you walk over to me and say, "I just love you, you know that?" I love reading stories with you and making up silly songs and dances (I'm so glad you've inherited that trait, even if Daddy does think we're crazy). I love being friends with you so much. Thank you for being my buddy. I love watching you grow up and make your own choices. It's exciting (and a little intimidating sometimes!) watching your little personality blossom and develop as a unique individual, seperate and distinct from me.

Oh, and sorry about that whole time-out thing. I guess that's not very friendly, but hey. You'll thank me for it some day.

Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Elise Decker said...

speaking of comments, i think i comment more on your blog than anyone else does!! and this post was very cute today :) i can't wait to see how much they've grown at Christmas!

Kritta22 said...

You are such a wonderful Mommy! I wanna be like you!

Elise said...

i just randomly found this post again and i absolutely love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails