Thursday, October 02, 2008

my hero



Last night (in an effort to distract myself from incredible pain) I was working on a project destined to be a gift for my sister Mary Beth. I'd chosen the canvas-like navy fabric with her in mind, and as my shears sliced through it I missed her so much.

So I ran to the computer (the cell phone being with Neil on campus) and messaged her: Call me. I miss you so much!

And two minutes later, the phone rang. My incredibly insanely busy law-student sister kept me and my aching head company for an hour, talking merrily and happily about each other's lives and plans and hopes. She helped me to survive that dreaded hour before bedtime when there's no husband home and the children are a bit rambunctious and plus you're really not feeling so good.

And then she gave me the best gift of all, via a comment on my blog: Take 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours.

So after a tousle-headed little girl and I read our way through a Beatrix Potter collection and I tucked my two sleepy-eyed little angels into bed, I took her advice. Lots of ibuprofen.

And miraculously, ten minutes later, the pain was gone.

And with continued ibuprofen (and regular-strength Tylenol in between) dosages, it's stayed away ever since.

Pretty much I worship Mary Beth.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Yay! It's too near naptime for me to call, but I'm so glad you're feeling better. If the ibuprofen works on its own, you might not even need the Tylenol. Plus the ibuprofen will work on inflammation. So, so glad you're in less pain, and hope it continues to work.

tricki_nicki said...

Hooray for Mary Beth! I'm SO glad to hear you're feeling better - I was about to book my plane ticket! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails