Monday, October 06, 2008

these things are good

watching Conference with this crew (doesn't Juliet's expression just make you want to kiss her a hundred times?!)




while eating this dinner (turkey roasted with apples, sage, thyme, and rosemary; sweet potatoes pureed with butter, ginger, applesauce, nutmeg, and cinnamon; kale sauteed with onions and garlic, piping-hot crescent rolls, and lovely whole-berry cranberry sauce...should I post some recipes? speak out if you want any, and if enough people want them I will)...





and, of course, the dinner was cooked with the "help" of these two lovelies, who get sooo excited any time they can dip their little fingers in (seriously, they had a BATTLE over the prime position next to the KitchenAid...it was ugly)...








ps I made this apron. for me, not Juliet, but she sort of adopted it...





and of course, bathing beauties. love the hair.



I'll take half a dozen more, please.








things I am excited for this week:
  • starting to exercise again! hurrah!
  • taking the girls to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with friends from our ward
  • going to the temple on Saturday
  • seeing my parents and grandparents this weekend
  • spending a day--a whole day--alone, alone, ALONE with my husband in Chicago...we have big plans--a session at the temple, some shopping (IKEA! Anthropologie! The Container Store! Whole Foods!), and then, of course, some Chicago-style pizza, and a stroll through one of my very favorite places in the entire world...the Art Institute of Chicago. I am so, so, so, so, SO excited! And many thanks to my parents, who will be entertaining the kiddies for us. I have not had a day alone with my husband since we left Utah (oh skiing, I miss you).

Oh, and have you ever wondered what my kids do while I blog (although I almost always blog while they're sleeping?) Well, today I decided to make an exception to my rule, since I was doing an editing project during their nap, and Neil is working late tonight, so once the girls were bathed and in their pajamas and had their bedtime snack and lots of stories and were playing happily on the floor next to the computer...I decided to blog...and then Juliet the monkey decided to do this...

...and so now I think I better go (since they've now dismantled the papasan chairs while I was uploading that last photo. And both girls and their blankies are squirming for supremacy in the base of the chairs. CRAZIES).

7 comments:

Kilerkki said...

that is the cutest picture of juliet in the bookcase!! they are so adorable and i'm very jealous that you're all getting together this weekend!

elise

rachel said...

yes! recipes!

Elise Decker said...

i just read my roommate the list of food that you had and we lusted for a few seconds and then realized that we couldn't have it.....

Victoria said...

i am going to be in Chicago this weekend as well! Small world.

The food sounds amazing! I especially want to know the crescent rolls.

Crapos said...

They're so cute. And I'm totally jealous of your farmers market and all the lovely food you got for the weekend. Our relatively near market is pathetic and the others I've never checked out cause they're so far away! Woe is me!

Kritta22 said...

GTosh what an adventure!! I'm so excited for you and your date with your hubby!!

Of course we want recipes!!

Kilerkki said...

Elise must have stolen my computer at dinner when we were looking at pictures of the Adorable Ones. This is the real me! I LOVE that picture of Juliet in the bookcase! *snuggles her tight*

Also, I want recipes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails