Tuesday, November 04, 2008

electing

total family score here for election day:

votes cast for obama: 1
votes cast for mccain: 1

what was the point of either of us voting, i ask you?

**note: the vote negation bothers me much more than the fact that we voted for opposing candidates, which bothers me not at all, as we've hashed out our reasons a million times. what's really grating on me is those wasted two hours in line. gone! next time, we're just going to make a pact to ignore that whole right-to-vote thing and spend two hours doing something fun.

5 comments:

rachel said...

This reminds me of Josh's grandparents. They're so cute--one ardently Republican (grandpa), the other equally a Democrat (grandma). One year, knowing they were going to cancel each other out, they both voted for Nader.

Katrina said...

Just try not to think about that and vote anyway! :-)

Kristin said...

I agree, vote anyway.... except, whoever voted for Obama can stay at home next time.

:)

The Waltz Family said...

Don't feel bad, at least you voted. I had every intention for it, but then a lot of bad things happened that day and it didn't get done! I hope that things go better next time so that I can.

Kathryn said...

It was pretty pointless of us to vote too because we both voted for Obama in the state of Texas. Like a democrat would ever be the majority here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails