Friday, January 02, 2009

just a little note

Today has been perfect, and there's still long lovely hours to come. Breakfast with Daddy before he left for work, a long morning playing with toys and reading books together, little hands eager to put away their own folded laundry, a lunch full of stories and laughs, and Abigail telling me every few minutes, "Mommy, I just love you." A refreshing run while the kids napped, dreaming about repainting my bedroom, and musing over my resolutions for the new year. Debating whether to make gingered shrimp or curried chicken tonight. Reminding myself that after dinner I promised Abigail paints and a parfait (her word choice). Realizing that there's a whole long lovely weekend ahead of us. Thinking about how lucky I am to have this little family.

1 comment:

Elise Decker said...

what a happy little post! glad it's a good day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails