Thursday, January 08, 2009

multi-tasking



Best way to get things done (quickly) with small children?

Hands-down, to occupy them in something else. Yes, I do try to do things with them, like making bread or folding laundry, but when I discovered strategic planning, motherhood-style, it made my life so much easier, and so nice to get things done in half the time it would take if doing it with the kiddie interruptions. Case in point: I clean the bathrooms while the kids are splashing rapturously in the tub (I use "green" cleaners so I'm not worried about the fumes affecting the kids). And washing the dishes after dinner? That would be my kids over there at the table, painting happily away (note: do this on nights when you're already planning on mopping the floor and giving baths).


2 comments:

danielle said...

oh I am VERY happy for this advice! Thanks. I not a good multi-tasker, and I am starting to wonder if I will ever get anything done again.

Crapos said...

You've inspired me to get out that paints again. We're on to finger paint, as Sadie just got a new set for Christmas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails