Friday, January 09, 2009

Usually movies are a once-a-month Saturday night thing in our house--I'd way rather spend the time with the girls doing something else. But I'll tell you what--after a night like we had last night, where both Abigail and I were throwing up (and Neil was up until 3 am working on a publication and then has a impossibly full day of work scheduled today), I am really grateful for that little 12-inch screen. Bring on your Disney princesses--we'll be lying here with our blankies, subsisting on Goldfish and watered-down juice (speaking of blankies, when Abigail's blankie was retired to the washing machine last night and she fell asleep with mine, she said she was happy to sleep with it because "Mommy's blankie smells like candy" (specifically, like Christmas's Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate)).

excuse me--I have to go bargain with Abigail over what we're watching next. I want Beauty and the Beast, she's holding out for Cinderella. Juliet just wants her head rubbed.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh no! I hope you guys get over this quickly and feel better soon. I'm glad you have the TV, too, to help a quiet day go more easily.

Seconding the vote for Beauty and the Beast. :D

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

You Poor thing. Sorry you are sick, my 2 little guys got croop, or however you spell it. Can't decide which is worse, But man....at least we aren't barfing. miss y'all! get better.

Elise Decker said...

i'll rub juliet's head!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Was the smell in the blanket related to the sickness? You been eating too much 60% stuff.

Love you,
dud

Kristin said...

Don't worry! You've NEVER made fun of my grammar, but now that I am TRYING to be grammatically correct, you can't laugh at the "mistakes"! Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you guys tons!

Kritta22 said...

Go for Addlin!! Or Finding Nemo, my fave!

I'm so sorry you guys are sick! Sometimes you just need a day or two of being lazy! I hope you guys have a relaxing day tomorrow.

Kritta22 said...

I love that you smell like candy! One of the best compliments! Cherish it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails