Wednesday, February 25, 2009

announcing...

And it's a...

BOY!!

We are all so excited! Neil couldn't stop grinning all through the rest of the ultrasound (and out to the car...)--and kept saying things like, "Father-son campouts!" "Dump trucks!" "GI Joe!" Abigail sweetly volunteered to share some girl clothes with her brother and followed that up by saying, "When he is born, I will teach him to play Barbies and how to put on makeup." Juliet has clutched her printout of the baby's face tightly in one fist for the last two hours (the picture is now a crumpled little blob. The ultrasound tech was FABULOUS--very personable, lots of commentary on everything we were seeing, and gave each of the girls a picture of the baby with their names typed across the bottom.)

And me? I'm very excited. A little nervous about changing diapers (and daunted by the prospect of acquiring all the baby clothes/toys all over again), but very, very, very excited. Very grateful that the baby is healthy and growing well and that both girls are (at least, Abigail is, who knows what Juliet thinks) excited for this addition to our little family.

16 comments:

Victoria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you & Neil! Both Abigail & Juliet will enjoy a sweet baby brother! Uncle Kevin is psyched! I will look forward to shopping for boy baby clothes! Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin

Crapos said...

Yay for baby boys! I love boys!

Heatherbelle said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm going to start knitting you a boyish hat right away! Then you'll have at least one boy article of clothing(Even if it is a small one)!

Rachel Mae said...

As I said before, so exciting! How fun to be able to experience both genders. I can't wait to read all about your adventures in mommying a boy.

Nate and Nicole said...

Congrats! How exciting. Be prepared to learn more about trucks than you ever cared to know. I find myself getting excited (even when Will isn't with me, purely out of habit) when I'm driving and I see a particularly cool truck (such as a car transporter, a fuel truck, a concrete mixer, a backhoe loader, etc.). Boys are so fun! :)

Katrina said...

I knew it!!!! Congrats! Boys are SO much fun!

Kristyn said...

Hooray! We love boys! And changing diapers is not that bad- you learn to be quick :)

Tiffani said...

CONGRATS!! I miss you... gosh it has been forever since I have seen you. If you ever make it up to DC... let me know and we'll get together! Love ya!

lanada said...

I KNEW IT.

The Waltz Family said...

Boys are so much fun! Changing dipaers are an adventure, but after the first few months you really don't have to worry about being hit anymore. ;D Now for the hard part...picking a name!

Dani said...

Awesome! Welcome to the world of little boys! I have no idea what to expect, but it really has been a lot of fun getting ready for our little guy after having two little princesses ruling the house. Cute boy clothes are a lot harder to find, but I'm enjoying the fact that they don't seem to need as many different things as girls (dresses, shoes, bows, etc.) I'm so excited for you!

Erica said...

Congratulations! Justin will be excited to know there is hope for a boy after having 2 girlies in a row :) I'm excited to see your skinny little belly grow and eventually see pictures of your new little man! Have fun :)

Lindsey said...

Hopefully you'll figure out the projectile peeing quicker than I have. We both got soaked just yesterday! :-) But seriously, congrats!

danielle said...

Oh Congratulations!! Its so fun to find out because its just one more little thing you get to know about your baby, and one step closer to having theme here! Such a blessing that he is safe and well!

Aubrey said...

having a boy will be so much fun for your family! i'm so excited for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails