Monday, February 16, 2009

oh my

This morning I fell asleep on the bus to campus (while staring at an open set of scriptures in my lap). I'm not sure if it was the five hours I spent in traffic last night on the way back from my parents' (should have been a three-hour drive, but the freeway was closed and so we got to be diverted through teeny back roads) or dread of the upcoming week and a desire to get as much sleep as possible, whenever possible. I had a nightmare last night where I was already in bed, half asleep, and then I realized I was supposed to be at rehearsal.

Here are a few of the exciting things I've got on my calendar:
  • Three-hour rehearsals (starting at 8:30 pm) three nights this week
  • Two five-hour performances (and then it will be over! Yay! Sleep again!)
  • Four visiting teaching appointments
  • ENT appointment for Jules
  • regular life: hauling myself out of bed at 6 am to go teach, LOTS of grading, keeping everyone fed, clothed, and reasonably clean, while finding time to exercise and have meaningful play and story periods with the kids.
so you'll forgive me if this is my last post for awhile...

8 comments:

Crapos said...

Oh, goodness, what a week. What are the rehearsals for?

Mary Beth said...

The more I hear about how demanding this play-thing is, the more I think that whoever organized it and drafted you into participating in it is a jerk who's wildly out of touch with reality. Maybe lengthy rehearsals are okay for high-school students who have no other responsibilities, but to impose such an obligation on a young family...

Argh.

Meghan said...

Glad you made it home safe. I hope you make it safely through this week, as well. You can always call in sick/exhausted tonight and go back tomorrow--I'd imagine you have your lines down pretty well. You will still be a good person.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

busy busy busy...Rachel,how do you get so much done!?

Elise Decker said...

but i wanted to hear about the trip to Kalamazoo!! and what Abigail thought about the show!

Kritta22 said...

What are you doing the rehearsals for?

You are one busy busy, busy, lady!

Rachael said...

The rehearsals are for our ward dinner theater; everyone else in it is pretty much in the same boat (young families, busy daytime schedules, etc.) It's a fundraiser to benefit the youth, and pays for most of the costs of Scout Camp and Girls' Camp.

Mary Beth said...

Shouldn't the youth be doing their own fundraiser?

Ach, I do not mean to be combative. Especially at you. I hope this goes well for you and you have the strength and energy you need to accomplish everything important to you. *hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails