Wednesday, March 11, 2009

hurray for Jordan!



A big, huge, enormous congratulations to my brother-in-law Jordan, who was just accepted to BYU's Chinese Flagship Program (funded by the US Department of Defense via the NSEP). One thing that I thought was really neat was that one of the interviewers (from Nanjing University, where he'll also study in addition to BYU) was someone that he helped almost two years ago, when he heard a couple of people speaking Chinese and realized that they were lost and unable to read the bus schedule. I loved the fact that his friendliness and service-oriented nature was something that really impressed the interviewer to the point where she still specifically remembered him and the incident years later. One thing I've noticed about Jordan in the brief time I've known him is that while other people would view something as going out of their way, he just does naturally and doesn't even think twice about it (plus he's one of the friendliest people I've ever met in my entire life).
Anyway, congratulations! We will so come to visit you two in China. :-) Neil is especially excited about this, since after that it's just a hop over to the Philippines!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Thanks Rachael. I can't wait for you FIVE (or six by that time) to come visit! Hopefully we can come visit sometime this summer.

Elise Decker said...

that's such a cute picture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails