Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I...feel...happy...

Thanks to wonderful friends and a great husband, I've been able to really rest these past few days (and the rest of this week). I've decided there are worse things in life than bedrest, although I am definitely feeling the effects of a lack of exercise--sore, a little stiff, and a tendency to be a bit more grumpy than I usually am. I've been really trying to stretch out the pain pills, since they make me pretty dizzy and nauseated, and the wonderful thing about having my children happily playing at friends' homes is that I can lie still without moving (hence, less pain, and less pills).

But I really miss my girls. I was so excited yesterday when I could sit up for about twenty minutes and read to them. That felt like making progress!

The other thing I notice about the pain medication is it makes me much more emotional. I keep saying things to Neil like, "I love you. So. Much." and holding his face and staring in his eyes. And I also start to cry whenever I think about everything he is doing for me. Then the medicine wears off and I feel a little sheepish and he laughs at me. When I was arranging all the playdates for the girls this week I had to stop between each phone call because I got so weepy over all the really wonderful friends I have who were so willing to help out. And yesterday I spent quite a while writing thank-you notes to all the surgical staff, and I got all teary-eyed again.

Then again, I feel so blessed and loved that I would probably be crying without the narcotics.

7 comments:

Crapos said...

Narcotics are funny things. I always say really funny things and cry for no reason. So weird. I'm so happy that you have wonderful friends to take care of your kids. Good friends make even the hardest times easier. I hope you feel better soon.

lanada said...

Pain meds make me cry too. Such fun.

Glad you are doing (relatively) ok.

Kritta22 said...

Oh you are so stinking cute!!

I sure am glad you have friends that are helping you out!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Afton said...

Rachael! I just found out about all this! I'm so sorry but glad to hear you're on the mend. What a pain (I'm really sorry for the pun), I'm so glad you've had helpful friends, that must make a huge difference. I can't imagine not getting to play with my girls or read to them, I am so sorry. I liked your emotional descriptions as I can totally picture you saying that and holding Neils face:). I hope you get better soon! Love you!

Mack Hardy said...

I wish I'd been following more closely, I would have known and kept you in my prayers! I am glad you are recovering well, and I hope it continues as such! :)

Jason and Melanie Morales Family said...

Hi Racheal- I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. We're heading to your area of the country this fall, and I would love to get some info about the area, if you're feeling up to it. I hope your recovery is speedy!

Mary Beth said...

I think the commenter above me might be the 2nd counselor in my bishopric. Maybe. o.O

At any rate, I wanted to ask what would be a good time for me to call you tomorrow? Because I always call at the wrong times, somehow. Or maybe if you feel up to talking sometime tomorrow afternoon you could give me a ring?

Related Posts with Thumbnails