Friday, April 17, 2009

there are way worse ways to convalesce


i have a million pictures to post, but since I'm totally worn out from walking around our half-mile loop once, they'll have to wait.
many thanks go to my mom, who spent the whole week here taking care of me. translation: letting me sleep in every morning (and go back to bed for the entire morning when I came home from teaching) and nap in the afternoon, feeding the girls, entertaining them, making sure we have groceries, buying all the supplies for and hosting a little party for Abigail's birthday, keeping the house tidy, ensuring that little people get to soccer practice, chatting with me all day (when I'm actually awake) and facilitating yummy meals. plus staying in touch with Dad and my four sisters and helping everything else run smoothly. oh...and doing her actual business stuff from her laptop.
pretty much my mom rocks (can you tell who taught me to multitask?) I miss her already (but don't worry, Mom, I'm not relapsing!)
love you Mom--wish you were here to picnic with us on the lawn today.

2 comments:

Elise Decker said...

you look gorgeous and happy!! and you definitely do not look 6 months pregnant!!

Meghan said...

Hmm, sounds like you just wanted to get rid of me so you could take a long, tiring walk. Be sure to pace yourself, and leave yourself a little reserve of energy each day.
Love you, kiddo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails