Sunday, May 10, 2009

being a mother

Today Neil taught Abigail's Sunbeam class (right after we both spoke in sacrament meeting. The ward got a lot of us today, apparently). Afterwards he told me that in the course of the lesson, he asked all seven kids what their mommies do for them.

Four of the kids responded, "My mommy makes cookies!"

And Abigail said, "My mommy plays toys with me."

That made me so happy. So happy to think that of all the things I do every day, the one that Abigail thinks of as "Mommy does this" is playing with her, not working on the computer or washing dishes or folding laundry.

I don't think I could have asked for a better Mother's Day than the one I had today.

2 comments:

Elise Decker said...

what else did you do? any pictures?

Meghan said...

Yup, it's a pretty blessed life to have both time and desire to play toys with your kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails