Tuesday, July 28, 2009

birthday




woken up by a small choir singing "happy birthday mommy!" and a husband bearing a tray of artistically arranged orange juice, hot blueberry pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup, and bacon (if you can't indulge on your birthday, when can you?). spent the day with the girls playing legos and lincoln logs, reading stories, and doing laundry (my goal for yesterday: do all the laundry and spend lots of quality time with the kids). went running. baked whole-wheat bread for lunch. made it to the shower before neil got home. delicious dinner from a sister i visit-teach (seriously, very delicious). such a blessing to be able to not worry about dinner, since the pre-dinner hour is isaac's "i need you NOW!" time. delightful evening, per Neil's orders, spent picking out fabric to recover the futon (we're going with a big splashy pattern! so excited!). perfectly frivolous gift from Neil (I like practical gifts too, but sometimes frivolity hits the spot): new plates. totally unneeded, totally loved.





overall, reveling in the fact that even though I'm a bit sleep-deprived, I am so much more comfortable these days! no swelling, sleeping on my stomach, and able to do things like run, hold Juliet on my lap, and mop the floor on my hands and knees (I hate push mops). I mopped my entire house this morning in celebration (I can't believe I just wrote that!). and enjoying my three little cuties. love these kids.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

your plates look so beautiful! and your kids!

Anonymous said...

I like the kids best.

dud

Rachel Mae said...

Did you really just have a baby? You do more a few weeks postpartum than I ever did without kids :). Seriously, you're amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails