Wednesday, October 14, 2009

better things

1. My house is finally clean again for the first time this week. I do love that husband of mine, who said, "Make a list of everything that is bothering you, and we'll clean it all" (this list also included clean children, btw).

2. Isaac has the most adorable laugh. When I was undressing him tonight, I put him up in front of the mirror and he was so entranced by that roly-poly baby staring back at him. He gurgled and laughed and chortled for a good ten minutes.

3. Neil has hot chocolate waiting for me. And I am wearing his pajamas, because they make me feel small and dainty, which is especially important on a day that I never had time to exercise.

4. Abigail folded all the "kid laundry" today and Juliet folded all the dishtowels and washcloths. And then they put it away without being asked. That was really nice.

5. I am teaching myself how to poach eggs. It's a lot harder than you'd think. My guess is that the tasting panel is going to rebel about all the eggs in the near future.

6. I am really grateful for my parents and sisters. I love them all so much. I am especially grateful for the fact that despite adolescent drama, my mom and my sisters are my best friends now.

7. Despite what I yelled into the bathroom wall after Juliet used up her sixth pair of pants today, I really do love my life.

4 comments:

Elise said...

i love YOU!! i really love calling you on my way home from class, although i sometimes with our schedules were better in tune! :)

Meghan said...

Glad life has bright spots as well as muddy ones. Love you, sweetie.

Heatherbelle said...

I'm glad you had a better day.
I don't know what I would do right now without my parents to help me especially when Jared has been gone quite a few nights for church stuff.
My mom's favorite phrase is, "This too shall pass" and I've come to absolutely hate hearing it! Yes, these trials will pass, but then you're on to the next set! :)

I think the worse part for me right now is seeing my baby in pain all the time. It's discouraging to feel so helpless.

Good luck! It helps to know you're not the only one going through this kind of stuff. I hope both Juliet and Miles get better at potty training soon!

Crapos said...

I wish I had such a list. I had a hard day yesterday because there was so much I wanted to do that I got overwhelmed and didn't do anything. And I got cranky and was a bad mom because of it.
Sorry about the panties. We still have that with Sadie. I hate potty training. I'm so glad Madoc is just now showing interest at sitting on the toilet. But we're taking it easy. I'm letting him decide our course. For now it's a diaper and he can take it off and sit on the toilet whenever he wants.

Related Posts with Thumbnails