Monday, November 16, 2009

keepin' it real


If you're anything like me, there will be times when you're reading someone's blog and you think, "Hmm, I wonder _____." And sometimes you'll email the person and ask, or sometimes you'll leave a comment and ask, or sometimes you'll just wonder and leave it at that.

I love getting emails from people asking for recipes, book recommendations, how I did a particular project, what my kids like for lunch, how I got into editing/teaching, etc. Ditto for comments, although I'm not as good about going back and responding to those as I am to emails.

So over the next week, I want to open up for questions. Please post any questions you have as a comment here, and I'll start responding on Monday.

And please, please, please comment. I'm going to feel like a real idiot if nobody does! And if you don't usually comment, I would love to hear from you! Really and truly. Please comment!

8 comments:

Meghan said...

What do you want for Christmas?

Mary Beth said...

What's your typical outfit for any given day?

What's the most enjoyable book you read this year?

If I were to come and visit you for a day, what would we do? What if you came to visit me?

What's one dish you currently want to learn how to cook?

Katrina said...

How much time do you typically spend on meal preparation?

What is your favorite way to relax? (Answer cannot be exercise. That is not true relaxing.) :-)

Kayli said...

So, what do guys want to do after Neil finishes school -if it were as easy as the wishing?

And do you guys have an idea of how many kids you want? You don't have to answer that -it's something I always wonder about everyone, just because I'm curious.

Rachel said...

Hi, this is Neil's cousin Rachel. I stumbled on your blog a little bit ago, and thought I'd finally leave you a comment. I feel a little weird because I think we've only met once, but I absolutely love checking out your blog. It's got to be one of my favorites. So here's my question.. what in the world do you both do? More specifically, I read about you teaching.. English classes?.. and then editing something?.. and Neil's getting his doctrate in what? You both are amazing at so many different things, including raising a beautiful family. Way to go!

Crapos said...

I want the recipes for your tomato pesto and that soup you had the other night. Neil has taken to making your baguettes ALL the time. Lately it's been baguettes with coq au vin. He's on a kick.
And what do your kids eat for snacks and lunch. I'm trying to add some variety but my kids aren't very cooperative.

Meghan said...

Cousin Rachel proves the point I made in Sunday School two days ago. The class was on Family History, and the hearts of the children being turned to the parents. The teacher asked how we can be more closely connected to our distant family. My answer: Facebook!

Kayli said...

I think you need another question--this one is in the category of "truth" (from the truth or dare game, you know?)
How many boys did you kiss before Neil?
;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails