Saturday, June 19, 2010

home again, home again, jiggety-jig


I woke up this morning in Niagara Falls, NY.  Then drove (home) just under 700 miles in a car with three small children.



We spent the last week on vacation (accompanied by my darling little sister, Rosalind, who turned 17 on Wednesday, and was amazing patient with our Grand Tour of Every Bathroom Between Here and New York State [if you've traveled recently with small children, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about]).  It was wonderful and exciting and fun and not a little stressful (gallons and gallons of rain).




I have what seems like about eighteen loads of campfire-scented laundry, every surface in my kitchen is covered with things that need to be put away, and my garden went from tiny little blossoms to baseball bat-sized zucchini while I was gone (happy Father's Day, Neil, we're having spiced zucchini-pineapple bread!)  There are a million things to do, but when they're all done, I am really looking forward to two things after eight nights of camping:  a proper mattress, and a long hot shower.  Heavenly. 


Much, much, much more to come. 

3 comments:

Elise said...

can't wait.

Me said...

Looks like it was AWESOME!

Neil said...

what is "Home again, home again, jiggety-jig?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails