Sunday, June 06, 2010

weekend


We've had such a lovely weekend here.  Highlights:
  • Neil came home!!  Hurray!!  With presents for all.  Such a thoughtful man, and SO lovely to see him again.  We weeded the garden and flowerbeds together after the kids were in bed and it was wonderful to talk and laugh and tease him again.  
  • Prepping for vacation--I did a HUGE shopping trip yesterday morning to prepare for our 9 days of camping and cooking over a fire.  We spent several hours packing up and I feel much better about our status of preparation.  This kind of thing always seems like such a huge organizational feat to me, and I've got lists all over the place. 
  • Best part of the day:  "family date night" with the kids.  We went out to our favorite Indian restaurant (seriously, our kids love this place).  I was having so much fun that everything seemed hilarious to me, from Juliet yelling, "I ATE MY PANEER!" at the top of her lungs to Abigail's agonized dart for the bathroom after her third glass of water (spicy spicy!!).  Nonstop giggling.  (To make your own Indian feast at home, check out my recipe list here).  We all ate soooo much and did not regret it for a moment.  When we got home, we watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which we've been reading out loud together (we did do a fair amount of judicious fast-forwarding).  The kids were completely entranced (not hard when they see movies once in a blue moon).  Abigail kept up a (literally) nonstop flow of questions throughout the ENTIRE movie.  Jooj curled up in the nearest lap and squealed happily every time she saw Aslan. 
It was a perfect weekend--productive, but quality memory-making time as well.  And the best part?  It's only ten AM on Sunday morning.  We've still got a whole day together.  

3 comments:

Elise said...

this sounds amazing!! i wish i was there

Crapos said...

I love weekends like that! Our Saturday was very different but still had that great quality to it.

Mary Beth said...

Can we PLEASE go out for Indian when I come? I want to see this re-enacted! Well, I want to see just about everything you blog about...

BTW I finally got my box of England souvenirs off to Mom and Dad. It might not get there before Mom leaves to see you this weekend, though, so I hope you can put up with the wait a few weeks longer. Maybe it'll arrive in time for your birthday...

Related Posts with Thumbnails