Monday, July 05, 2010

blueberries



The blueberries are on!



Last Wednesday we ate an early dinner and hurried over to our favorite local farm for opening day. 


Blueberries are my favorite thing to pick as a family--easy reach for the kids, no bending or stooping or reaching for the adults.  Just big, beautiful, juicy clusters hanging right in front of your eyes and hands.  The kids actually picked about a pound and a half into their bucket (not including what they ate and/or fed to Isaac). 




We were in such a hurry to leave that Juliet arrived without any shoes--a source of great glee to her. I can totally sympathize--I love being barefoot. 

Hurray for blueberries--I love to freeze them whole and eat them with steel-cut oats all year long.  Plus, they seem so Fourth of July-appropriate, don't you think? 

3 comments:

Meghan said...

This makes me want to go pick berries! Then I step outside....

Emily Juliet Ainian said...

I love these pictures! Now when I read your blog I feel so much more connected to your family because of the few days I spent with them!I love the one of Abigail staring up at the camera, so darling! I miss you guys! Are you going to make jam? I won't miss that ;) just kidding... kind of...

Me said...

I love the girls hair here. It's soooo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails