Monday, August 09, 2010

still not wanting to blog, but wanting something of a record

Last week was a whirlwind.  I canned tomatoes, salsa, peach chutney, and dilly beans.
It may not sound like much, but it was a LOT.

Juliet's birthday was on Saturday.  I think she had a lovely day. 
One of the components of Juliet's birthday dinner:  heirloom tomato and peach salad (we also
had honey-grilled salmon, roasted green beans, and extremely decadent brownies).
Abigail peeling garlic for the dilly beans
The day we processed 30 lbs of beans.  It took us literally all day--we started at 9:30 am, took a break from 5-7 pm, and finished around 8:30 pm.  The girls were amazing little helpers.  Seriously.  Amazing. 

And some pictures before church on Sunday (and Jooj's awesome bathtub hair).  Don't you love Isaac's tie?  And I wish Juliet's dress came in my size. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your family is so lucky that you canned all that wonderful food! That is hard work! I helped my mom do that when I was a kid. Beautiful pictures of you and your sweet children all dressed up. Love the tie! Love, Aunt Pam

Elise said...

you look beautiful!! and i LOVE Juliet's dress1 can't wait to see you soon!

Malinda Crow said...

I totally saw a little girl with Juliet's dress on yesterday. So fun!

Emily Juliet Ainian said...

:) I just want to eat them up, they're so cute! I love your dress... that was your Ruth's-Wedding-Day Dress! I think I have seen that same dress in Elise's closet, right?

Neil said...

We got some cute kids

Related Posts with Thumbnails