Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Three for September

The start of a new school year always seems like a goal-setting time to me.  Like January, we're all kind of starting over again, right?  Plus fall is my absolute favorite time of year (barring the fact that my tomatoes have all officially succumbed to the blight, and we are now tomato-less until next summer. Horrible thought!).

Anyway, I decided that I want to start picking a few things to work on every month.  And then hopefully by the end of the month they will be habits, and I can move on to a couple more things the next month, and just keep improving.  So that's the basis for this, although some will be accomplishments rather than habits. 

So here's what I want to do in September:

1.  Run a seven-minute mile.
2.  Read my scriptures for at least ten minutes a day (I have really struggled to fit this in since Isaac stopped    nursing, since that was my scripture time--it's usually just been a quick couple of chapters when I'm half-asleep).
3.  Say, "Yes," to the kids, at least once a day, when I would usually say, "Not right now," or "Wait just a minute until I finish this..."

There are lots of other things I want to do, but we'll start here.

What about you?  Want to join me?  What do you want to work on next month? 

3 comments:

Meghan said...

This reminds me so much of when I was in my late 20's and had ambition for improving myself. Right now I just want to meet the demands of the day and try not to fail....

Mary Beth said...

My goals are a little smaller:

1) Run at least twice every week
2) Go on a date
3) Go to the temple

Abbie said...

Hey Rachael! I just saw your comment on Bloom and decided to check it out. This is so great! I love the goals. My spiritual goal is to scripture study 10 mins a day too. Awesome. September is the best, right?

Love your blog, btw. I think I need to add you to my reader:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails