Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Interview for the Mormon Women Project

For the past four or five months, I've been working with the Mormon Women Project, which seeks to record the diversity and faith among the women of the LDS church.  If you're not familiar with the project, it is a collection of interviews (which we were just told will eventually be harvested for the Church Archives, which I think is so exciting!) with women all over the globe.

This week's interview is one I conducted with one of the women I admire most.  About five minutes after I first met Catherine, I thought, "This is what I want to be like when I grow up."  She is brilliant, witty, spunky, courageous, and very chic.  She has also had some incredibly difficult life experiences and come through them with so much faith, grace and dignity. 

It was an incredible act of courage for her to share her life story.  (I don't know that I would have been able to in her place--I cried throughout the last half of the interview.  So professional, right?!) 

I would appreciate it SO much if you would take a moment to not only read the interview, but to leave a comment--this was something that was difficult for her to do, and I would just love to have a whole bunch of kind and supportive comments.  Please. :-)

Oh, and since I didn't ever link it yesterday, you can read my latest exercise post at Bloom here. 

3 comments:

Dani said...

I stumbled across MWP a while ago. Great job on the interview. Catherine is amazing.

Laura said...

Good interview questions for such an amazing lady. She is the type of person who makes me take a look at my life and realize how much I have to be grateful for!

wilkinson_fam said...

I just read and left a comment on your interview with Catherine. Simply. Beautiful. She is such an amazing lady who blessed our lives so dramatically during our last year at Purdue. Could you get her email address for me so I can be in contact with her again? I would like to surround her with all the love and support I can offer during this trying time for her and Ted.

Thank you, Rachael.

Amanda Wilkinson
wilkinson_fam@yahoo.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails