Wednesday, October 27, 2010

oh well


Dear friends--too busy soaking up my babies to even upload pictures from my camera of our really wonderful weekend.  Lighting the garden on fire and roasting marshmallows the size of our hands.  So fun.  Pictures someday.

Life is good. 

PS--I am a Halloween Grinch.  We are *probably* skipping out on our ward's trunk or treat, because I hate the assembly line "gimme some candy" feeling, where nobody even bothers to say "trick-or-treat," they just shuffle by with outthrust pillowcase, and our neighborhood trick-or-treat isn't until Sunday night, which is sad because I love trick-or-treating to about ten houses and then coming home and eating scones and cider, but...it's Sunday.  Do you think my kids will forever remember their childhood where their mom made them caramel corn, but they had no sackful of candy like the rest of the Western world?  I hope they're not too scarred.

What's your take on Halloween?  Do you go all out? 

7 comments:

Ruth said...

They will have no candy to barter with each other....

aLi said...

I live in an awesome community, we're trick-or-treating Saturday night. They passed flyers around saying, "If you'd like to participate on Saturday hang this on your door," that type of thing. It's great.
Scones and cider?!?!? Yummmmm!

Crapos said...

We're trick-or-treating on Saturday. I called all the young families from church in our neighborhood and posted it to our neighborhood mommies group. No one from the mommies group joined in but all the ward members did. We've got just over a dozen houses to go to which is perfect in my book.

Mary Beth said...

The only concern I'd have is if they see the other little kids running around on Sunday night with costumes and candy. Maybe turn all the lights off and hide under the beds until trick or treating is over? :)

Dani said...

I'm a Halloween grinch too. My girls have costumes because they'll have the chance to wear them at school. Brian is not participating in Halloween at all this year (thank you food allergies). I'm already tired of all of the craziness. We're hitting up a trunk or treat to avoid some the drama that Sunday will bring. Maybe it will rain...oh wait, I live in CA. Maybe not.

Ruth said...

Yes, are trick-or-treaters coming to your door? MB has a good point. I would say hide in your closet though. It is more spacious than under the beds.

Michelle said...

We went to the trunk or treat, and I must say, I agree! I'd never been to one before, and I don't think we'll go again. I'm not a big Halloween fan in the first place, but I like the tradition of having scones and cider when you get home from real trick-or-treating. That beats candy any day! (Oh for the days of home baked goodies for Halloween!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails