Tuesday, November 30, 2010

i heart them forever

Last night I ditched our original dinner plans and we had cheese quesadillas with broccoli and clementines (on the side, not in the quesadillas).  It was a long day with little sickies and I didn't want to fight about dinner.

I love quesadillas.  I especially love them topped with fresh guacamole.  (And when I say topped, I mean like another layer, not just bedaubed here and there).  I also really like black beans in my quesadillas.  When we were doing half-marathon training, I ate a cheese and black bean quesadilla after every long run because it just hit the spot perfectly.

This got me thinking about other foods that I love.  Like grapes.  If I had to live on one food, it would probably be grapes.  And then baguettes and warm Brie.

Other foods I really really love: 

Clementines
Toasted cinnamon-raisin bagels
Raw almonds
Home-canned peaches
Whole wheat bread with peach jam

What foods could you just eat forever?  What's your go-to comfort food? 

8 comments:

Chad said...

Ooh, hamburgers, ham sandwiches with swiss cheese, pork chops with scalloped potatoes, pot roast with carrots, juicy rib-eye, smoked turkey, bacon and eggs. Sounds good doesn't it Rachael? :)

Rachael said...

yeah...I made Neil a bunch of meat foods for his birthday, and spent literally a week recovering. my body just can't take it anymore...stomach cramps, headaches, nausea, the whole nine yards. Not that I don't still enjoy the taste!

Meghan said...

Peanut butter toast got me through 4 pregnancies--during the other one I developed a strange allergy to PB and got hives when I ate it. No comfort food for several months.
Radishes. Nothing like a crunchy radish about 3 pm to get through the rest of the afternoon.
Caramel corn. Just something very family-Sunday-nightish about caramel corn.
Warm bread. And did I mention PB toast?

aLi said...

I love your word "bedaubed"! Never read that one, before. :D

Rice Krispies and milk, with lots of sugar on top.

It seems pregnancy brings out the go-to meals more often, I just had a bowl of rice krispies and milk last night. :)
I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Elise said...

mmm, fresh bread with peach jam sounds soooo good right now. three and a half more hours til I can eat!!! yayayay!! also, honestly pot roast just pretty much sums up everything amazing...i had beouf bourgignon for the first time the other day and it was HEAVENLY. so amazing. Mom told me the alcohol doesn't cook off...i think this calls for more research.

Dani said...

A spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips. Mmmmm. (Too bad I can't have peanut butter in my house due to an allergic little boy.)

Black bean soup.

Anything from Cafe Rio. You really can't go wrong there.

Apples. Especially Gala. So yummy!

sarah said...

Ummmm.....sliced tomatoes w/ salt & pepper and fresh mozza cheese. I live off the stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Cinnamon raisin bagels! Love, Aunt Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails