Monday, November 22, 2010

little miracles

The last week has been frightening on the baby front.  After I saw my doctor on Wednesday, I started having some bleeding, and ended up taking it very easy the rest of the week (no running!)  The weekend was hard (I spent all day at church trying not to burst into tears whenever anyone asked me how I was doing, sometimes with less success than others).  This morning, things were much, much, much worse.  I spent the morning at the obstetrician's and the afternoon at the hospital.  In the midst of all the panic and scariness this morning, Neil gave me a blessing that the baby would go to full term, something that seemed very distant when the doctor was saying things like, "we need to find out how much of the placenta is gone"  and "I don't think it would rupture this early." 

Here is the miracle:  the previa is gone and everything is right where it should be.  The baby is perfect.  Everything has resolved itself, at a speed which surprised the doctors.  They aren't 100% sure what's happening right now (and I'm still on bedrest until the bleeding stops), but in another week, they're planning to lift all the restrictions.

And as a nice little added bonus, we now know, thanks to all the scans this morning, that it's a....

BOY!!!

11 comments:

Jolena said...

Yay for miracles! And yay for little boys! What a wonderful blessing from Neil and it sounds like things are looking up despite all the complications still happening. Here's to that being the case!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! But, sounds like it couldn't have worked out better. Sending you warmest wishes for a quick week of bedrest and that all checks out perfectly at the end of that time. And yay, a boy! :)
- a stranger in TX. I love your blog! :)

Meghan said...

I'm so grateful for an amazing, unexpected outcome, compared to what seemed to be happened this morning. I think I'm still spinning a bit. So, so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord.

Jen said...

So glad all is well. Love you, dear.

Elise said...

i am so glad that you and the baby are okay!! and yay for another little boy and buddy for Isaac!! I am so happy for you guys!

Rosalind said...

i just commented but it didn't work. im so glad you are okay, i was worried for a while there while i was listening to mom's conversation with you and having my hand ex-rayed and examined, which inhibited my eavesdropping capabilities, but i am so glad you and your beautiful bailey baby boy are safe and healthy. thank god you're okay. i love you so much.

Katrina said...

this made me cry, rach. i'm so happy for you guys and this miraculous turn around. and another boy!

aLi said...

Oh wow, so glad that things are miraculously OK. Congrats on it being a HIM!!! Yipee for brothers!

Mary Beth said...

So, so grateful that the complications seem to be resolving--I'll keep praying for you and the little guy! I'll call tomorrow. ♥

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing okay. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin

Amanda said...

Hello, I have followed your blog for a while now- congrats on the news its a boy. :) I wanted to let you know I bled off and on the entire time I was pregnant with my daughter and gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails