Friday, November 05, 2010

silvery linings


























Thank you all so much for your kind comments, emails, phone calls, and prayers--they have been greatly appreciated.  And answered, as you'll read later. 

I think we're over the worst of it (for now!).  I've been gradually doing more and more over the last few days and I'm going to go on a walk tonight and see if that causes any problems; from what I understand from my OB, I just gradually increase my level of activity and carefully monitor for any issues.  So that's where we are there.

So the bonus illness that triggered the pregnancy complications is still lingering--I went to the doctor yesterday to get a strep test and was told that this horrible sore throat & cough is just going around, and there's nothing to do to treat it.  The doctor told me it generally lasts 2-3 weeks.  Awesome!  I've been whispering all week (which is working wonders for my goal of no more yelling).  

Last night my throat hurt so much that I was waking up about every half-hour in confusion and pain (once I dreamed that the girls and I met Martha Stewart randomly working the register at a craft store, another time I dreamed Isaac potty-trained himself).  I was really worried about how I was going to groggily shuffle through the day until Neil came home.  After breakfast, I was giving Isaac his nebulizer treatment and the girls were very busy in the kitchen--in response to my whispered, "What's going on?"  they said, "Mom, we wiped the table and swept the floor and we're going to start on the dishes.  Daddy said to help as much as we can."

Then they made their beds, picked up their room, and VACUUMED their room.  Abigail folded the laundry and read stories to Isaac and Juliet. 

Obviously, every day is not like this.  But can we say answer to prayers? 

9 comments:

Crapos said...

You have very sweet kids. They should come teach my kids to do that.

Elise said...

wow-what little sweethearts!! so glad you are feeling better!!

Mary Beth said...

They are so awesome! Somehow it reminds me of Laura and Mary on the prairie--perhaps it's because they were always sweeping floors and wiping dishes. Hope you're feeling better today. ♥

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I love that, I am going to have to try whispering because I have the same goal of NO MORE yelling. I can only imagine it will be harder with 3.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are better. Rest as much as possible. Honey or lemon juice in a cup of hot water might help soothe the sore throat. You have such sweet girls helping out around the house. I love that photo of the children! Take care. Love, Aunt Pam

Meghan said...

Awesome kids! What a lift to your spirits, as well as the cleanliness of the house.

Rosalind said...

i love you rachael! i hope we can come down soon and i can do dishes with the kids and give you lots of back rubs and play with your hair and rub lotion into your hands and feet...for now, I'll just send you internet hugs and kisses. xoxoxoxox!!!

Dani said...

Great kiddos! I love it. I'm so glad things are getting better.

Anonymous said...

Worse things could happen than Isaac potty-training himself. (And given enough time he will). You are your's are in our prayers.

love dud

Related Posts with Thumbnails