Wednesday, December 01, 2010

thankfuls


This may possibly be one of the most out-of-focus pictures I've posted yet, but believe me, it was the best of the lot.

Today we took down our "thankful chain" that we wrote on during breakfast every day through November (well, at least until we left for Thanksgiving).  We did this last year as well and I really love it; it reminds me to be thankful for the little and the big things.

Like being thankful for the fact that when Juliet lured Isaac into his room right after this picture was taken and gave him a haircut and then gave herself a haircut, she made the haircut for Isaac that I've been putting off (I love the soft fluffy hair!!  I love the way it fluffs up when he runs!!) inevitable. 

Or being thankful for the fact that Juliet tried to share her gingerbread man with Isaac, and the resulting horrific crumb mess just ensured that the living room would get vacuumed. 

Anyway, in no particular order (meaning Juliet ripped up the chains and left them in a pile on the carpet, and then Abigail sorted them out by name and retrieved the ones Juliet threw in the trash), here are our thankfuls.



(PS--as a family, we are thankful for Juliet.  Just so you know). 

Juliet's list:
  • Watching family movies
  • Sausage
  • Unicorns
  • My baby brother
  • Mommy
  • Dogs
  • Christmas
  • Eating (2)
  • Daddy's work
  • Abigail (3)
  • Hippo
  • Trick or treating
  • Izy's blankie
  • Daddy
  • Marshmallows
  • Horses
  • Isaac
  • Winter
  • Muffins
  • Shelly (the neighbors' cat)
Abigail
  • Fences
  • Clementines
  • Food
  • Swingsets
  • Houses
  • My body
  • The earth
  • Puppies
  • Chandeliers
  • Pictures
  • Cats
  • Friends
  • Flowers
  • Shelly the cat
  • My baby brother
  • Fridges
  • Snowmen
  • Prayers
  • the thankful chain
  • Books
  • Family
  • Thanksgiving
Rachael:
  • Grooveshark.com
  • Baby giggles
  • Running
  • Kids who eat without complaining
  • Sleep
  • Public libraries
  • Saturday morning snuggles with everyone together
  • Clementines
  • Christmas music
  • Clean water
  • Pie (2)
  • Winter citrus
  • Scriptures
  • Brooms
  • Pens
  • Financial independence
  • Books!!
  •  A warm soft bed
  • Nebulizers
  • Chapstick
  • Prayers
  • Scented candles

Neil:
  • Textbooks
  • Christmas tress
  • Fire
  • Heaven-in-a-bowl (his favorite salad)
  • Frying food
  • Christmas music
  • My wife
  • Power tools
  • Music
  • Daddy-stay-home-day
  • Sweet rolls
  • Family
  • Fall
  • the priesthood 
  • Movies
  • Colors
  • House
  • Library search engines
  • College
  • Syrup
  • Isaac's smile
  • Jack-o-lanterns

3 comments:

Elise said...

right now Ruth and I are studying in the library together. I'm thankful for that....even though we aren't working very hard, cause we just remembered that we were never very good at studying together....

Jolena said...

I love this tradition of yours! I'm so going to do it with my family in the future too. The real question now is what is heaven-in-a-bowl salad? :)

Mary Beth said...

I love your lists! Especially where Juliet is grateful for Abigail three times. ♥

Also, thanks for a recommendation on your list--I just checked out Grooveshark and it is amazing! I can't believe I never used this service before. I've been listening to it all afternoon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails