Friday, January 07, 2011

for the new year

I have really been thinking about what I want out of this year.  To be honest, most of my goals are family-oriented.  Neil and I have come up with some things that we really want to implement in our family.  We've been working over the last six months? year? to really be more mindful about our parenting. 

Something I read on Emily's blog a few days ago really resonated with me:  "I am realizing now that strong families don't just coalesce from happenstance and luck - they take a mindful and mighty effort."

That's really where my focus is this year--being more deliberate about the choices I make as a mother and the things we do with our children.

So here are the three things I am focusing on personally this year in order to go along with the bigger family goals we've set:

1) Get up by 7 am every day.  I have gotten out of the habit of being up at 5:45, and it's taken a toll on my day.
2) Pray before I even get out of bed. 
3) More practical sewing:  this is something I really love, and it's my "fun developmental" goal this year.

ps do you like my new blog look?  thanks to the lovely ladies at i.smitten for sponsoring the change!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I like your goals (although I've got to admit, my goal of getting up at 6 a.m. every day quickly crashed and burned after my early-morning classes were cancelled for the first week of school, I stayed up too late, and I got a cold).

Also, beautiful new layout!

Katrina said...

the blog looks fantastic!

the goals are excellent also. :)

Meghan said...

Hmm, seems like #2 might interfere with #1. But only if you're the type of person who could drift off into sleep in the middle of your prayers.

Nice style on the blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails