Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jules the yogini


































Juliet is soooo into yoga right now.  She has always been more enthusiastic about it than Abigail, and she's been doing it right along with me the past couple of months.  For Christmas, my mom got her a YogaFit Kids DVD, and she is in love with it.  (I found her in the bathroom today doing the "Lion's Breath" pose at the mirror.)

This morning I got up early so I could fit in a little quiet yoga before everyone else was up.  It was peaceful and serene and quiet; snow was falling in a steady blanket outside in the moonlight.  I closed my eyes and eased deeper into the poses.

Then I heard a noise next to me.  I opened my eyes and there was Juliet, in downward-facing dog next to me, grinning happily through her sleep-tousled mop of curls.  She whispered happily, "I heard yoga happening!  So now I am up!" 

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Love it! What a cute little yogini. Maybe she will come to class with me sometime, even if her aunts won't.

Elise said...

soooo so cute! i would do yoga if i had Juliet to do it with me!!

Dani said...

That's got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard of. Awesome!

Amanda said...

I love this. What a great memory of just you and her. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails