Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nutcracker ballet


































Last Saturday, Neil and I gave the girls their last Christmas gift:  we went to see a matinee production of The Nutcracker.  (It was full-length.  Whew!  Abigail was there too, but she did NOT want to pose for pictures, for some reason.)

One thing I really like about where we live is the wide range of accessible cultural experiences (Chicago museums, anyone?).  The girls really enjoyed the ballet, although I think we all would have been happier if it was half an hour shorter.  Abigail's favorite was the Dew Drop Fairy; Juliet was really impressed by how high the Sugar Plum Fairy's Cavalier could leap (he was easily the best dancer in the entire production, and I have never seen leg muscles like that in my life). 

1 comment:

Dani said...

I took my kids to Sleeping Beauty last spring and they LOVED it! It was such a fun and rewarding experience for all of us. I adore the fact that my kids knew that Tchaikovsky was the composer. So fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails