Thursday, June 09, 2011

books, books, books











Last week I went around our house with a laundry basket and filled it up with some age-appropriate books for Abigail, then reorganized our bookcases to give her a couple of shelves replete with fun Abigail books.  As I was doing this, I just felt so excited about watching her launch out into the wonderful world of books.  So many fantastic books!  So many wonderful characters!  I love reading so much, and I was honestly getting a little choked up thinking about how excited I am for her to discover all of these stories and characters and worlds.  It has been so neat to watch her just explode into this passionate little reader.  She told me today, "There is one world, and so many stories in it." 

So anyway, today was the first time I've ventured out with myself with all four of the kiddos.  We went to the health food store and the library, and it was so great!  Luke slept the whole time (which is why it went well) and it was so nice to be out with the kiddos stocking up on pumpkin seeds and fairy tales.  And teaching Abigail about how to use the library catalog, and how to find your books, and watching her get just as excited as I was to see that there's a library sale this weekend...she and I are dissimilar in many ways, but we definitely bond over our books.  :-)  I've been reading scriptures with her in the evenings lately (we trade off reading verses) and it's one of the nicest parts of my day. 

And speaking of books, Jules and Isaac each have a stack and are waiting, so I'm off!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails