Wednesday, June 15, 2011

nearly wordless wednesday





























Lately I've been drinking green smoothies every day.  Isaac is a fan ("moah smoofie!").  I haven't really experimented with recipes because I like the first one I tried so much.

Fill blender to top with spinach, add 1 c. orange juice (or pineapple, but you must have the citrus to cancel out the spinach flavor), blend until spinach is totally liquified.  Add 1 very ripe banana and 3-4 strawberries, blend, then add a generous handful of blueberries (I use frozen).  Blend until everything is totally liquified and you don't have any fruit chunks.

**I tried this with romaine and looseleaf lettuce a couple of times and I couldn't get rid of the bitter taste--I'd definitely stick with spinach. And I don't have a fancy Vitamix or Blendtec blender, just a regular KitchenAid, and it works just fine to pulverize the spinach so there aren't any leaf chunks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have as much stake correspondence this morning as usual, so I indulged and caught up on your blog. Thank you for sharing.
Love you

brother dud

Kristyn said...

I loooove green smoothies in the morning! Ours are really similar! I add a little ground flax seed and chia seed because neither really change the taste or texture. Give it a whirl, I think you'll like it! (And I add romaine and other greens to mine...if you start with really small amounts and work your way up [and sometimes add a swirl of agave if you need to] then you can't taste them too much.)

Jolena said...

I just tried this. Oh wow, so good! Thanks for introducing me to it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails