Thursday, June 02, 2011

three weeks



























Luke is three weeks old today!  I simultaneously can't believe he's only three weeks and that he's already three weeks old.  I've been soaking up his new babyness and reveling in the snuggly little bundle of baby bunched up in my neck.  Love it.  The poor little man has already gotten sick (all four of our kids have fevers, coughs, and congested noses right now, which is every bit as fun as it sounds), so we have been having l-o-t-s of snuggling.  Mostly at night.  But sad as it is to hear his little wheezing breaths, last night I just sat there for an hour in the middle of the night patting his back and thinking about how wonderful it was to have this warm little weight resting on my chest, his fingers tangled in my hair, and his little mouth quivering in his sleep.  Babies are wonderful (I still love my other three very cranky and miserable children, but boy, was I excited to leave the house yesterday).

(and thanks to our stop at the pediatrician this week for his fever, we know that he now weighs 10 lbs 12 oz!  way to grow, baby!)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute little baby! I can't wait to come visit!

Elise said...

Neil and Luke have matching hairlines!! haha....what an awesome family you have :)

Kritta22 said...

Oh my gosh! Look at him holding his up and everything! He's just perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails