Tuesday, August 02, 2011

annnnnndddd...we're back





























So last week I was talking to my much wiser friend Melanie about this whole blogging thing.  I explained to her that I felt like my blogs were either all of the "woe is me" variety, which I don't particularly care for because I don't like to read that sort of thing, but if I tried to be upbeat and cheery and talk about something neat that we did, it was a false representation of how my life really is (because mostly I am wading through the floor food here).  To which she very tactfully responded that she has found that even if she is blogging about the only good two seconds of the day, those are the two seconds that she'd like to remember.

I've been thinking about that over the last week, and I've found that I'm still taking pictures and composing blog posts in my head, and then I feel jittery because I'm not blogging, and there's so much that I've missed recording that I'd like to have written about--silly things like how beautiful the flowers in my garden are, or the delectable chocolate-swirl cheesecake that Neil made for my birthday (I was doing really well on No Junk July until then), or the night we took the kids to get ice cream and went squirrel-chasing through the park, or how my family has given me yet again the best birthday ever (seriously, I am always so touched by how much thought is put into the gifts.  Amazing people, I tell you). 

So here I am.  And here they are again.   And I wish I had the time to write an update on each kid, because that's what I was planning to do, but Luke is hungry and Neil just got home with a vanload of sweet corn, so I will just tell you that Abigail is obsessed with reading Harry Potter right now (she has read the first three books four times each) and our house is transformed daily into Hogwarts, and Juliet is walking around saying "Expecto Patronum!  Lumos!  Nox!" and yesterday they tried to dress Isaac up like a dementor, and I love them all dearly. 





5 comments:

Brittanie said...

What do you do with the corn? I would love to know.

Rachael said...

Brittanie, I blanch it (on the shucked cob) for 6 minutes, cut it off, and pack it into freezer bags (then freeze it). It does kind of stick together because of the cut kernels, but it's still yummy!

Shayla said...

I'm so glad you will continue blogging! I LOVE reading your blog, you are such a great mom and wife with a strong commitment to the gospel. I love the way you write and your view point. Welcome back!

Dani said...

I'm so glad you're going to keep blogging. I love reading your blog and I adore the updates on your cute little family. I also love it that you include a bit of venting so that people like me (that don't have it all together) don't feel alone in all of the frustration that comes with all of the joy of mothering. Now, I just need you to move to CA...

Melanie said...

So glad you're back. I'll have to catch up on your posts... right after I catch up on some sleep!

Related Posts with Thumbnails