Monday, August 08, 2011

Lovely

Julesie turned four yesterday!
 Today I woke up and realized that we only have a week left before school starts, so we better pack in the fun while we can.  Fortunately the weather is finally such that we can be outside, so we spent all morning going back and forth between the sandbox and the watercolors (we did have an unfortunate incident where Isaac found himself besmeared with paint and a shovelful of sand down his diaper, thanks to Juliet, who attempted oh-so-sweetly to remedy matters by blasting him with the hose). 



We ate our lunches outside and then had a really lovely quiet time--the girls didn't fight and Luke slept the whole time while I was running.  It honestly does not get any better than that!


One of the things I wanted to do this summer was to do more unplanned meals directly from the garden.  I am a big  meal planner so this was a little bit of an adjustment for me, but it's actually been really fun just going out there in the morning, seeing what's ripe, and seeing what I can concoct from what I have on hand.  Tonight it's eggplant parmesan with tomato-basil sauce (which is seriously making my house smell like heaven as it simmers away on the stove). 

Isaac and Juliet are either the best of friends or the worst of enemies these days.  Right before naptime she whacked him on the head and he bit her in retailiation; right now they're holding hands and running races and jumping off the foyer bench (my kids are way into jumping--we have the occasional bump and bruise, but mostly I just let them go at it.  Builds strong bones, right?). 

And two of my sisters are flying in from Utah tonight!  YAY!


Yesterday our friends called us on Google Video--such a treat.  We miss them so much!                           

And these cheeks.  I cannot get enough of them.  He's getting SO big!

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

That picture of them monster jumping off the desk thing is awesome! Good for you going out of your box and cooking from your garden.

Elise said...

i just dont understand how they can all be so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails