Thursday, March 29, 2012

spring break

The children are on spring break from school right now.

Here is what I was planning that we would do:
  • go to the library
  • go to the Children's Museum
  • go to the playground
  • crafts every day
  • walks every day
  • plant the garden
  • go camping
Here is what we have done:

Throw up and be feverish and miserable.

I had a momentary bit of hope last night when nobody had been sick for a solid 24 hours; I emailed my friend that YES!!  We could go to the museum today!!  And then poor Jooj came running into our room  at 5 AM and was sick all over.

But despite this, I am (telling myself that) pretty happy.  We're managing to salvage some good moments here and there, and the weather has been nice enough so that we can play outside a bit, and we've done some organizing, which always makes Abigail happy, and she & I went on a little date last night to the library and she got her first library card, which sent her over the moon with joy.  And I'm really grateful that this hit when the kids weren't in school; it's good to let everyone sleep in and fully recover and not worry about days they're missing and needing to wake people up to get somewhere on time.  (trying to embrace the cabin fever!)

And best of all, I got some wonderful news last night; my dear aunt (by far the most faithful commenter on this little blog!), who just had surgery last week for cancer, found out that it had not spread through her lymph nodes as her doctor feared it might.  I am so excited and my heart is just overflowing with gratitude for this wonderful news.

And since this is all I have time to write, go read my little sister's blog for some good Neil stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your sweet children all get well at the same time so you can do some of those fun things on your list. It was so sweet to read that you & Abigail went for her first library card! I loved getting my first library card and when I was her age I used to win the contest over the summer for the most books read. It was fun then and it is fun now! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers during the difficult time I've been experiencing. It was so great to get some good news yesterday! Take care and stay well!!!! Love, Aunt Pam

Dani said...

Oh, I so feel your pain! We just survived a 12 day stretch of stomach flu. It was truly miserable. Hang in there!

Melanie said...

We were so sad that the children's museum didn't happen (between my visitor and your sickness) but I'm so glad everyone is better now. One of these days we will actually get together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails