Thursday, April 12, 2012

my sweet baby is 11 months old





It's not hard for me to believe Luke is already 11 months old; what's hard to believe is that he is only 11 months old!  Luke is definitely a force to be reckoned with in our family.  He is loud, has very decided opinions, and makes absolutely sure that you know what those opinions are (case in point:  earlier today Jooj wouldn't give him the train that he wanted, so he whacked his arms up and down, yelled in displeasure, and then leaned over and bit her foot).  He shakes his head "no" whenever he is upset about something or done eating.

Which is not to say that he is a crazy baby, because he is delightfully endearing.  He loves to be cuddled, and out of all my babies, he is by far the most pleasant to nurse (not that he hasn't done his fair share of squirming away and fussing, but still).  Every time he finishes eating, he looks up at me with the most enormous grin, starts giggling, and reaches up to touch my face with his little hands.  He is so obviously full of joy and perfectly content at that moment--for the first time I actually feel a little wistful when I think about not nursing anymore.

Luke loves his blanket with a love far surpassing his affection for anything else (except me).  When his blanket is dangled enticingly in front of him, he drops whatever is in his hands and crawls full-speed towards the blanket, buries his face in it, nuzzles it, growls in delight, and then proceeds to just roll around with his mouth full of blanket fringes.  (Isaac quite frequently runs to get Luke's blanket and drops it on Luke's head when the two of them are clashing over a toy.  Clever Isaac.)

Luke is starting to stand independently, loves cheddar and black bean quesadillas (with steamed carrots as a close second), has figured out how to climb onto the dishwasher door and stand on it to access all his favorite goodies, loves to open cabinets and pull out their contents, can climb up onto our brick fireplace surround and open the fireplace doors, has 3 more teeth (including some molars!--this brings him up to 10), and is currently working diligently to disconnect my Internet router (which he can do quite successfully) while he eats my chapstick.  As a fourth child, he has learned some pretty "awesome" things already.  He has a fluffy little head that is so fun to rub--I probably should give him another haircut but I want to enjoy his babyness a bit longer.

This is the face he makes 85% of the time, and almost always starts doing as soon as he sees the camera.


I cropped this from a photo I took of the kids in the tub awhile back...I love his expression here.

3 comments:

Elise said...

haha, in that picture in the bathtub he's thinking, "Nobody puts baby in a corner."

Jen said...

Well played, Elise!

I just want to snuggle him, he seems like such a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures! Great post!
Love, Aunt Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails