Monday, May 07, 2012

Abigail's dance recital


 Abigail did a jazz/ballet class this year.  I'm not sure what to say about this, other than that we are ALL glad it's over!  But she stuck it out, she learned the routine, and she did a great job at her recital, despite the fact that she decided after the first class that she didn't like dance.  I'm proud of her for continuing even when she wasn't thrilled about it all.  (I'm hoping that this ends up being a good lesson in perseverance--I'm mentally framing it that way, at least.)  She starts piano on Thursday and she is SO excited for that.  Fingers crossed that her enthusiasm stays steady!

In any case, I think she enjoyed her recital.  (She certainly enjoyed her glitzy headband, which she wore to church the next day...).  And I don't think any of us are ever going to forget a single beat of her recital piece ("Let's Go to the Movies" from Annie until our dying day.  Ever.  Ever).


 Isn't she beautiful?  Like so so so beautiful?  She's going to be such a knockout when she hits high school.



This one is my favorite.  :-)  She was doing all kinds of funny faces at the very end of her dress rehearsal.














I didn't get a ton of action shots, since I was filming the whole routine, but I did get this one and I love it!  (She's the one standing on the right side with her back to the camera).  Doesn't her hair look totally awesome and like she's just finishing some killer move?

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I don't blame her for not sticking with dance--eww, dance--but she does look fantastic! Maybe tae kwon do next. ;)

Elise said...

she does look SO beautiful! and so do YOU! i love your scarf and your whole outfit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails